Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Canon waste ink absorber remedy please?

I already know how to reset the printer so it'll print (as long as I don't turn it off), but now it won't allow me to get into the Maintenance area so I can reset the counter and/or clean the heads. Is there a shortcut?





And how do I clean the absorber?





My printer is a Canon IP1500 and I need to keep it going at least until I have exhausted my huge supply of ink cartridges.





Thank you!





GinaCanon waste ink absorber remedy please?
Canon i250 %26amp; i250 waste ink tank counter reset. by BSF (12/10/04 10:13 PM) +1 + / -


OK, Boys and Girls...here finally is the complete answer to the problem of the waste ink tank counter reset for Canon i250 and i350 printers.





1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable from printer.


2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7).


3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer.


4. The indicator should be green.


5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange.


6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green.


7. NOW Release POWER buttons.


8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable).


9. NOW...I opened ';Printers'; and saw that a ';copy'; of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that COPY your default printer and all should work...It did for me.





I must say...I went into the ';GUTS'; of the beast and cleaned out the PADS (they are actually vacuum pads that the INK is sucked through during a HEAD cleaning) a very messy undertaking.


I'm not sure how much life this will add to your printer.





Good LuckCanon waste ink absorber remedy please?
Thank You. This worked a treat. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment